Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Bird with a Missing Feather

This evening, took a rare five minutes off to just sit and gaze outside. From the huge window, its a vista of green forest.. a cloud of white birds flew up, up and beyond my window on the thirteenth floor.

There was one with a feather missing from its left wing, it's silhouette clearly visible in the evening sky. It flew well.
I thought to myself, 'as well as the others'.

And then a thought popped up - Why 'as well as the others'?
It flew the very best it could and that’s what it is - full stop. Who am I to judge? How many other birds flew with something missing which I couldn't see.

To strive for doing one's best, isn't that then an ideal of sorts, does it really matter better than who, as long as its quality in what you do..
While I may have been living it myself, I may still have been judging others - no more.
Will alteast make an effort not to.

No comments: