Friday, January 25, 2013

Imperfection

I don't know where I was reading about perfection and how a bit of imperfection is good sometime back. But is struck a chord. A Virgo, have spent away many hours of my life fretting over small stuff, small imperfections..in objects/ possessions, tasks..

It's amazing really, how something, if it strikes a chord has the potential to change your outlook and actions. Maybe this is evolution too.. Sorry Robert Kegan, while I am trying to acquaint myself with your fabulous theories these days, I come up with such an over simplistic observation on evolution!

So is the ability to manifest change in self on the strength of a thought (perhaps some written words) evolution too?

Looks like. I would really love to remember what I read on imperfection but I can't exactly or where. But it was about celebrating imperfection as the final touch in something 'nearly perfect'.

So the implication is, that that extra bit of space between those two pearls in my favourite string of round white pearls, otherwise perfectly spaced, is just the thing I needed!
Because that imperfection draws the eye and renders further beauty and charm to something which would otherwise have been too perfect and perhaps not noticeable..
It also means while I have obviously now given up the thought of having it restrung, something which used to nag at me every time I would wear it, I actually rejoice in that imperfection!

The implications are of course much more far reaching in my life. But the point is, something to think about and give a chance to - the strength of a single thought.. IF it strikes the right chord.. (Over simplistic again..?? :))

No comments: